Last updated on - 3rd July 2011.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that GroupByte may ask You to provide will be identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If You do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, You will not be able to engage in that activity. Similarly, if You wish to delete Your information that is mandatory, You will no longer be able to engage in that particular activity.
What personal information Groupbyte collects
Personal information (the "Personal Information") is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact an individual. When You register with the Website and create a GroupByte ID, avail of the services provided by GroupByte, upload any content on the Website, participate in an online survey, etc., GroupByte may collect a variety of Personal Information, including Your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences,etc.
Your Personal Information will be kept confidential to the maximum possible extent and used to support Your relationship with GroupByte, to notify You of the various offers, updated information and new software applications and other related functions from GroupByte.
By using this Website and the products and services provided on the Website, You agree and acknowledge that Your Personal Information collected through the Website may be transferred across national boundaries and stored and processed in any country around the world. You also acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transfer, storage and processing of Your information may be undertaken by trusted third party vendors or agents of GroupByte such as credit card processors, web hosting providers, communication services, and web analytic providers, to help facilitate GroupByte in providing certain functions.
How GroupByte uses your personal information
GroupByte collects Your information in order to record, support and facilitate Your participation in the services provided by GroupByte and to prevent fraud and unlawful use.
As provided earlier, Your Personal Information may also be used to track customer preferences to provide a customized Website experience and keep You informed about product upgrades, vendor catalogue updates, special offers, and other products and services of GroupByte and its third party providers unless You have opted not to receive such communications or such communications are prohibited by law.
GroupByte may use Personal Information to verify whether You are entitled to access and use the Website and the products and services available on the Website. This Personal Information may also be used to enable GroupByte to enhance Your Website visit, to assist You with customer service or technical support issues, or to follow up with You after Your visit, or to otherwise support Your relationship with GroupByte.
GroupByte does not rent, sell or share Your Personal Information with third parties or non-affiliated companies except to provide the services You have requested.GroupByte limits the disclosure of Personal Information to GroupByte employees, independent contractors including vendors, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers and distributors of GroupByte Services, on a need-to-know basis, and only if the disclosure will enable that entity to provide GroupByte with business, professional, or technical support or fulfill Your request.
Thus, the Personal Information provided by You is used only:
- To facilitate Your Use Of The Website.
- To respond to Your inquiries or fulfill Your requests for information about the various services.
- To connect You with the vendors and their authorised dealers, in order to facilitate the purchase of Your desired products.
- To provide You with information about GroupByte’s services and the vendor products offered on the Website and to send You Information, materials, and offers from GroupByte.
- To provide You with important information regarding the Website, changes to GroupByte’s terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To send You surveys and marketing communications that GroupByte believes may be of interest to You.
- To personalize Your experience on the Website and GroupByte’s other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to Your requirements.
- To help You address Your problems with the Website.
- To assist You in procuring heavily discounted prices for Your desired products and to assist in completion of sale of the products by the authorised dealer to You and provide You with related customer service.
- For proper administering of the Website.
- To conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website).
- To improve the services, content and advertising on the Website.
- To protect the integrity of the Website.
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
What non-personal information GroupByte collects
Non-Personal Information is any information that does not reveal Your specific identity, such as, browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, etc.
As is true with most websites, the Website gathers some information automatically when You visit the URL of the Website and stores it in log files. When You use the Website and the services provided on the Website, GroupByte may collect certain information about Your computer to facilitate, evaluate and verify Your use of the Website, and the products and the services available on the Website. For example, GroupByte may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, referring or exit webpages, click patterns and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of Your computer. This information is generally collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually.
How GroupByte uses your non-personal information
With respect to Non-Personal Information automatically collected and stored in log files, GroupByte uses this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the Website, to learn about user behaviour on the Website, and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. GroupByte may use this information in its marketing and advertising services. GroupByte also uses such information to measure traffic patterns on the Website and usage of the products and services.
As Non-Personal Information does not personally identify You, GroupByte may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, GroupByte may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining Your name with Your geographical location). If GroupByte combines any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Your choices with respect to personal information
To whom GroupByte may disclose your personal information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed
- To GroupByte’s third party providers who provide goods/services such as contact information verification, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide the services.
- If You request information from vendors so that they can provide You with information about their products and services. GroupByte SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR VENDORS’ USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- If You so request, to third parties to permit them to send You marketing communications, including third parties who may provide similar services as the original service about which You requested more information.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- by You, services on which You are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information You post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Website and to the general public.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Protection of personal information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of such Personal Information, GroupByte has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information collected online.
Access to personal information
You can help ensure that Your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to Your account at www.Groupbyte.com. For other Personal Information, GroupByte makes good faith efforts to provide You with access so You can request that GroupByte correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if GroupByte is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. GroupByte may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
Third party links
GroupByte may, if You so choose, send direct advertisement mailers to You at the address given by You. You have the option to opt-out of this direct mailer by way of links provided at the bottom of each mailer. We respect Your privacy and in the event that You choose not to receive such mailers, GroupByte will take all steps to remove You from the list.
How to contact us
Kredence Retail Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
A-4/1 Court Chambers, 35, New Marine Lines,
Mumbai - 400020. India.